Illy

Super Sentai

So my curiosity is wondering is Super Sentai still going? Are there new shows? I haven't seen anything in years so I wanna catch up. 

Who can help a girl out with this burning question?

I can't see Power Rangers continuing in its current form without Super Sentai to use for footage. Its no longer cheap to reproduce live action without the Sentai Footage. But Power Rangers also helps to keep SS on the air... Since Saban Brands pays them money for the footage, which goes toward production costs. 

On 12/20/2017 at 9:11 PM, Illy said:

So my curiosity is wondering is Super Sentai still going? Are there new shows? I haven't seen anything in years so I wanna catch up. 

Who can help a girl out with this burning question?

yup it's still going on with Kyuranger as we speak as Mesogog said but their next season will start next month.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:25 AM, PRangerX said:

I can't see Power Rangers continuing in its current form without Super Sentai to use for footage. Its no longer cheap to reproduce live action without the Sentai Footage. But Power Rangers also helps to keep SS on the air... Since Saban Brands pays them money for the footage, which goes toward production costs. 

yea neither can I not to mention the majority of stuff that Power Rangers uses is what Toei uses so Saban Brands would have to make everything from scratch whereas all they have to make from scratch at the moment is Ranger suits and a few other suits as well as sets.

lmao, I'm dead at the pink one having wings and there's another one with a scarf(not in this pic though) :astonished: The Green one looks adorable though.

I dunno some of the Sentai seasons are just getting weirder and weirder. lol. 

Doubt that's gonna change though. 

031.jpg

Mesogog-sama, Illy-san..

Say hello to the 42nd Entry in the franchise -- Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patoranger. 

Also...It's just my observation, but I've always felt that throughout the Franchise's history, Toei has always used Super Sentai as a platform to try different ideas. 

13 hours ago, Suzaku said:

031.jpg

Mesogog-sama, Illy-san..

Say hello to the 42nd Entry in the franchise -- Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patoranger. 

Also...It's just my observation, but I've always felt that throughout the Franchise's history, Toei has always used Super Sentai as a platform to try different ideas. 

Yep, weirder and weirder. lol

It's like they took some time force(timeranger) and mystic force(magiranger) and wrapped it into the ones on the right! lol

If I'm to be completely honest...

The suits from this season look "Blah" to me. Especially for the Patorangers. ^^;;

^ Ahh I see what you mean. I was trying so hard to figure out what the heck that was on their helmets it took me awhile to see it but it's a police hat. lol

This series is the first to feature two different teams of heroes: the Lupinrangers, with a gentleman thief theme, and the Patrangers, with a police theme. The two teams are rivals, usually fighting the series' main villains in a three-way battle. ---wikipedia

The Lupin ones look more like magicians to me than theives. lol 

LOL Gentlemen Thieves dress like magicians anyway

Image result for Gentleman thief