BlueLegacy

Power Rangers Jurassic Revolution

26 posts in this topic

Over the years, overpopulation and pollution have threatened the ozone layer. By the time we reached the 22nd Century, the threat became all too real. Human life was at risk of being wiped out completely. Scientists went straight to work in an attempt to find some way to fix what we as a civilization had broken. The answer came to them all soon enough:

To save the future, return to the past.

85 million years in the past.

A rift in time was created, granting a scouting team to travel back in time and search for more answers. They quickly learned, however, that their trip would be a one way trip. As it stood they were unable to use the rift to travel back to 2135. Despite all this, they were able to stay in contact with their colleagues in the future to send in supplies. A new colony was built and their own brand of military created as a way to keep the residents safe. Before long, more people began to take the pilgrimage from 2135 to this new colony as a way of starting a better life for their families.

While the intentions of the colony were noble, not everyone inside shared the same thoughts. A disgraced scientist, corrupted by his own experiments, was shunned and forced from the colony. Hiding himself from this new world, he plots its downfall and the destruction of the world they are fighting to save. His horrific creatures begin their attacks on the colony.

Teaming up with his top scientists, the colony’s leader chooses a group of his best soldiers to step forward and defend the colony from these attacks. A new team of Power Rangers is born, drawing their powers from the creatures they must share their world with. Their battle begins here.

dtkidsterranova_zpsndgh2tbn.png.fd34cecc3b9c54bb6a3c07c819777f44.png

Rangers

Sam Nolan, Red Jurassic Ranger: BlueLegacy

???, Green Jurassic Ranger

???, Yellow Jurassic Ranger

Ava Montgomery, Black Jurassic Ranger: Illy

Olivia Bowman, Blue Jurassic Ranger: BlueLegacy

Allies

Commander Marcus Nolan: BlueLegacy

Lt. Deliah Morgan: Illy

Villains

Dr. Coville: BlueLegacy

Drakars: Everyone

Edited by BlueLegacy

Whoo hoo new RP. Let's see here...can I have Ava Montgomery for black please? If I think of other characters I will let you know.

((OOC: I'm going to start the game now because I can't wait any longer. We're going to start things off before the first attack on the colony and before the rangers get their powers. If anyone wants to join in and fill up any of the empty ranger slots, please don't hesitate to ask!))

Nova Inceptum.

The colony itself sat fixated in the center of a clearing. It had been nearly thirty years since construction had begun. Over the years, the colony flourished as it continued in its attempt to save the Earth from the coming horrors in the future. The skies above were so blue and the grass a vibrant green. Something that so many residents of the Nova Inceptum hadn't seen for most of their lives. At least not until their arrival here.

Sam Nolan, on the other hand, only knew this. His parents made their pilgrimage here twenty-three years ago, just days shy of his birth. This life was the only one he knew. The horror stories of their future forced him to want to do nothing more than to protect this place. Keep it safe and allow them to continue on their mission. That was part of the reason he chose to follow in his father's footsteps and join up with the military unit. Given his own unit of young cadets to command was the thing he had always wanted.

They had been up since the sun had risen. Although Sam himself was up for longer than that. His own training before coming to his command. He walked in front of them slowly, his arms folded behind his back. His eyes scanned over them all, sizing each of them up. He nodded his head slightly.

"Cadets," He stopped in his tracks. He gave them all the time to stand at attention, their bodies stiff and standing tall. "You're dismissed for the day. Keep up the good work. We'll meet again tomorrow at 0500 hours sharp. Be sure you're here on time and ready to go. We don't want a repeat of this morning, do we?" His eyes fixed on one of the cadets in the line.

With one final salute, he dismissed them all. He looked upward towards the command tower. His father, Commander Marcus Nolan, stood on the balcony just outside of his office, just watching them all. They gave each other a small nod before Marcus turned back and walked back into the tower.

She couldn't wait to see him, her excitement was almost too much to contain. She has waited all morning for his teaching to be over so that she could drag him away and show him what she found.,,what she rescued.

She waited until the last of his cadets left him standing there alone. She looked to the tower, thankfully wondering eyes of his father weren't staring back at her as she tried to be stealthily, light on the tips of her feet. Sneaking up on her best friend may be the silliest antics she could do but Ava made it her mission to concur. Though she mostly failed when her shoes squeaked or she had once sneezed ruining her chances to sneak up on Sam, she never gave up trying.

SNAP!

She froze in mid step, her head hung low and her eyes fell to the ground. A stick snapped in half beneath her shoe. "Darn it." She grumbled out, tilting her head back up, a sheepish grin plastered across her face. "Well, there went that idea..."

Sam sighed slightly, forcing himself to hide his exasperated and unenthusiastic look. He licked his lips and curled his lips into a tiny smirk.

"You think you'd learn by now," He shook his head without turning around. "After all this time, why do you think you can still get me?"

He turned around to face her. His arms were folded firmly across his chest. He was a few inches taller than she was, so it was easy to look more intimidating. Even if he knew deep down she didn't buy it from him. Still, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't try. "What is it, cadet?" He drew out the final word in a half playful, half serious manner. "Is everything okay?"

Ava looked at him, rolling her eyes at his authority tone and the use of cadet when speaking to her. "I try because one day I will concur and sneak up on you."

She removed her foot from the stick and kicked it. "Nothing will get it my way when it does."

She took a few steps towards him, her smile returning and her eyes lit up. "Everything is fine. Actually everything is great." She takes another step towards him as if to tell him a big secret. "Come with me. I wanna show you something." She states locking eyes with his. "Do you have a spare minute to spare or are you too busy for a friend?"

Sam rolled his shoulders back, straightening his stance. His eyes shifted upward, looking towards his father's office. He had trusted him with his own command. That didn't mean he would be able to lax on his training. "Ava, I..."

He cleared his throat and shook his head. He couldn't just ignore her. He did have some free time, although it wasn't much. "I'll give you ten minutes," He said, looking at the watch strapped to his left wrist. "I've got to be back for a meeting with the Commander though. He's expecting me."

Ava crinkle her nose and stuck her tongue out. "Looking to see if Daddy will approve of you running off with some girl?" She teased.

Before she gave him the chance to speak or react she was quick to grab his hand and started to lead the way. "Don't worry, he won't even notice you are gone. And if he does just tell him I held you at gun point and made you follow me into the woods." She laughed.

"I doubt my father would believe that."

Sam rolled his eyes as he tried to hide his smirk. He pulled his hand away and walked just a few steps behind her. His eyes were constantly scanning their surroundings, an attempt to keep watch on everyone and everything around him. He couldn't explain it, but this feeling was tightening up in his stomach. Something didn't seem right. Why did his father want to meet with him? Why now?

"Where are you taking me?"

"You shall see." She said as she took the path to her right and followed it deeper into the trees.

His legging behind was noticeable and she stopped, turning around to look at him. "Loosen up, Sammy. Stop being so uptight." She grins at her nickname she knows that he despise being called. "I'm sure whatever your dad wants to talk to you about is nothing bad. He could be promoting you to high cadet trainer."

He cringed slightly at her nickname for him. Sammy. He hated that ever since he was a child. The first and last time his mother called him that, he let her know. He made the mistake of telling Ava this. Something about her made him less of himself. Much more easy going and free.

"Something just feels...off," He mused aloud. Not that he was talking directly to her, it just slipped out. "I can't shake the feeling. I dunno what it is."

---

Olivia Bowman, better known to those around her as Liv, stood in the bathroom of her personal quarters. She hated the person she saw staring back at her in the mirror. A perfectly pressed cadet's uniform. She had no other options though, something that she knew. It didn't mean she had to like it though.

She released a heavy sigh. She tied her hair back into a tight knot. She held her own gaze once more. "Bullocks," She muttered under here breath.

She crossed through her apartment and stood at the front door for a singular moment. She slid open the door and stepped outside. The sun shone down on her face. She forced a half smile. Time to face another day.

Ava looked at Sam. The smile faded and her snarky attitude was nothing more than a distant memory. This truly bothered him, she could see it on his face. "I'm sure whatever it is that your dad wants to talk to you about isn't bad." She told him. "If it was, he wouldn't make you wait. He would have told you by now. Maybe it's nothing or maybe it's something I don't know but whatever it is..." She paused for a moment and sucked in a deep breath and blew it out making a strand of blond hair fall in front of her eyes. "If it makes you feel better why don't you go talk to him now? I can show you some other time."

Her appearance was everything. Tight, crisp uniform, shiny boots; hair pulled back into a neat bun at the nape of her neck. Neutral tones of makeup barely touches her face. Lt. Delilah Morgan was ready for whatever kind of day it was going to be.

She flipped the switch to the bathroom and headed through the living quarters, grabbed her keys and headed out the door. It was going to be a long day for sure, but nothing could damper her mood she was in.

"No, it's fine."

Sam's response was slightly cold. He didn't mean it to come off that way. He tilted his head downward as they continued walking. He stayed silent for a bit, allowing himself to get lost in his own thoughts. They swirled around him. He paused, taking in a deep breath through his nose.

"Where are we going?"

---

Liv's pace was quickening as she walked her way through the market area of the colony. She held her head upward, avoiding the gaze of anyone around her. She knew what people were thinking. So many had such a hard time letting her let go of her past. If she was being honest, however, she missed her past.

She stopped herself, finding herself at a fresh fruit stand. She stared at it, her eyes fixed on the shiny apples. She ran her fingers over the smooth, red skin.

Ava laughed. "You are so impatient." She stated the obvious shaking her head. She headed to the left as she went off the trail and made her way towards the wall that protected their city from the outside world. "Patience Sammy, patience."

The further they went the deeper they went into the woods and away from the command post and all that was civilized. Nature's sounds took over their surroundings and Ava smiled to herself.

Once the trees started to dwindle to a few here and there, a clearing a head of them came into view and a rock formation stood taller than most of the trees. The opening in front of them was covered with branches and tree limbs.

Ava stopped. "You have to promise me you won't tell or show anyone this place." She told him as she turned to face him. "Promise me, Sam."

"Two apples to go please, John." Her voice rang from behind as she held up two fingers signaling the owner of the fruit stand she needed them to go.

John greeted with a smile and nodded his head. "Yes ma'am," He said.

Del leaned forward slightly, her hand grazed softly over the top of the young woman in front of her and slipped a folded up piece of paper into her palm. "I'll take three oranges and some strawberries as well." She told him as she reached into the pocket of her jacket and pulled out some money and handed it to John when she took the bag from him.

"Thank you and have a good day, Lt. Morgan."

"It's a wonderful day. See you next time."

He rolled his eyes. "You know I hate it when you call me that..."

His arms crossed over his chest as they walked through to the clearing. He paused for a moment, making sure that he felt the weight of his sidearm against his hip. You couldn't be too careful getting this far out from the main hub of Nova Inceptum. As they drew closer to the border fence, things grew more and more uneasy.

"Ava," Sam looked to her. "You know we're not supposed to venture out this far from home. What's so important that brings you out here?"

---

Her hand clutched tightly on the piece of paper.

Liv rolled her eyes. Without bothering to look at the paper, she quickly shoved it into her pocket. "Cheers, John," She bobbed her head towards him as she left. He hadn't even noticed the apple tucked into her jacket pocket. Del Morgan was not far ahead of her. She licked her lips and grumbled slightly under her breath.

"Lieutenant!" She called after her.

Ava snickered under her breath. She knew very well how much he hated being called Sammy but it hasn't stopped her yet. When it suited the moment, the name just rolls out. She couldn't help it. 

When she got close enough to the rock formation she stopped. "You never did promise me." She said. A moment later, without waiting for him to answer she moved closer. When she got to the opening she started to remove the branches she had put into place earlier that morning. "And where's your sense of adventure? We're protected by the barriers." Once the last of the branches were removed, Ava took a seat on the ground and reached into the opening and pulled out a small fluff ball of fur. "Meet Fluffy." 

Del slowed her pace down as she was called and than came to a stop, turning around and meeting the young woman. She kept her lips straight, no signs that she was internally happy to see her. "Yes, Miss Bowman?" Professional was key even when she didn't want to be. She had to be. No one could know... "What can I do for you?"

Sam's eyes widened at what she held in her hands. "Ava..."

He stood speechless for a moment. The tiny creature sat quietly for a moment. It's curved fangs were small, but still protruded from it's mouth. The body covered in tan fur. The eyes were peaceful. "You can't be serious. You have a..." He couldn't even bring himself to say the words. 

"Where exactly did you find this?" He said, pointing at the sabertooth kitten. "And more importantly, are we sure that it's mother isn't looking for it?"

---

Liv rolled her eyes. She hated the formality of their relationship out in the open. Her arms were firmly crossed over her chest as she looked at her. Her head casually cocked to it's side. "Nothing," She said. "I'm sorry to interrupt you,  Lieutenant. At least sorry to interrupt you here."

She inhaled sharply through her nose and walked passed her. Her right shoulder collided with Del's as she brushed by.

Ava craddled the kitten to her chest, scratching the soft spot under his chin. His head fell back as he took in the scratch, eyes closing with contentment. "You can say it Sam. Saber tooth tiger...kitten." 

"Ooh, he is just so cute." She laughed. "Come sit." She patted the spot next to her. "And I'll tell you what happened."

Del frowned as her hand rested against her shoulder from the impact. She was confused by her demeanor towards her and why her attitude had suddenly changed. These questions were surely to be answered in a more privately manor. 

She tried to stick to her routine, go to the command post but she couldn't. She couldn't leave it like this. She needed to know if this was real, if something truly did bother her.

So Del began to follow her.

"I'm fine standing."

Sam tried to cover his friendship now with his ranking. Now he stood before her as her commanding officer. "Ava," He paused for a moment, taking in a slow breath through his nose. His arms crossed firmly over his chest. He didn't want to do this. But then again, he thought he could have some fun with it. 

"Cadet Montgomery. You've got a lot of explaining to do."

---

Liv smiled to herself. She knew Del well enough that she knew she would follow her. Knew her enough that this little show of anger would make her think. Not that Liv wasn't angry with her, just not as much as she was actually letting on. No reason to not have a little bit of fun along the way.

She turned a corner, ducking into an alleyway between a set of buildings. Liv pressed her back to the wall, resting one foot up against the bricks. She clicked her tongue and waited.

"Don't use that tone with me, Samuel Nolan. You have no authority over me." Her eyes narrowed but they twinkle in the sunlight. She placed Fluffy down on the soft grass and stood to her feet. She rose up onto her tip toes and stared him down. " You don't get answers talking like that. I brought you here because you're my best friend and I have no one else to share this with. Now park your butt and I'll tell you how I got Fluffy. " She lowered herself back down and took a step back. "Save your tone for after. You'll need it." She grinned.

Del kept her space and watched as Liv disappeared into the alleyway. She was casual and unnoticed setting the bag of fruit down at the edge of the entrance. Her hands smoothed down the front of her uniform jacket and she followed in. 

Her hands shoved into her pants pocket walking further into the alley, the sounds drowning out behind her. 

But she didn't stop walking, catching the outline of Liv propped up against the building. She kept on going, smiling to herself. Two can play this game.

Sam bit down on the inside of his cheek. He fought hard to keep his mouth shut. He desperately wanted to hit her back with a similarly snarky response, but he fought against it. Instead, he simply scoffed and laughed. He threw his hands up in the air as a way of surrender.

"Fine," He said simply. He took his place on the rock opposite her. "Enlighten me. I'm sure the Commander will just love hearing this whole thing later when we get back."

---

Liv sucked in air through her teeth. Was this really the game she was trying to play? 

"Oye!" She called out in a harsh whisper towards her. "That really the game you're planning on playing here, mate?"She licked her lips and shook her head. "Fine then. I guess we've both got some other things that we can both go and take care of." She lazily through her hand up in the air as she turned her back to her.

One, two, three... She counted to herself. It was only a matter of time before she stopped her.

The amusement faded from her eyes, her face dropped and the color began to drain. Just the thought alone of the commander finding out about Fluffy, being confronted by that man or anyone else he would send. It down right scared her. 

He scared her. 

"You wouldn't dare tell your father about Fluffy." Her voice cracked as she quickly snatched the kitten who squawk and held him close to her. "You can't tell him, Sam. You can't tell no one about what you see here today." The tear escaped but she was quick to whip it away. "I mean it."

Del stopped in her tracks, her boots clanking with the concrete. "I don't play games." She finally spoke, taking her hands out of her pants pockets and turned to face Liv. "Games are for children." 

Their eyes lock into each other, Del masked her emotions behind a wall of professionalism...for as long as she could. But the longer she looked at her, enchanted by her pure beauty. The thread began to fray. 

"Liv..."

Sam exhaled through his nose. "Just tell me," He said simply. "Tell me what made you think that this was a good idea? Ava, he might look all cute and cuddly now, but do you honestly think that this is okay?"

He licked his lips and sighed. "How did you come across him anyway?"

---

Liv scoffed and rolled her eyes. She continued trying her best to hide her smirk. "What then? Cat got your tongue?"

She pushed his fingers through her hair, fluffing out her curls. Her arms came over her chest, squeezing tightly around herself. She pursed her lips tightly together. She held the cold stare for as long as she could. Her eyes met with Del's. Her mouth twitched slightly. Her lips began to curl into a smirk, unable to hold it together any longer. From her lips, a roar of laughter erupted.

"Oye then, mate," She said between laughs. "You should see the bloody look on your face."

"I couldn't just let him die, Sam." She told him, her heart aching. Her early morning rescue played over inside her head. "I found his mother..." She shook her head not wanting to go into details of the horrific sight she saw. The outcome went unspoken with the lack of words. 

Ava sighed softly, her fingertips lazily sinking into the tigers fur. "So I tiger napped him. He's alone now, just like me. He needs someone to look after him." She turned her head and looked out through the trees that surrounded them, the distant blur of the wall that separated them from the outside could be seen. "His cries broke my heart, Sam." The tear escaped but she was quick to wipe it away. "No baby should be alone."

Del watched her as she was consumed with laughter. She tried her best to keep a straight face. No sign of emotion. No visible pain that she harbors. Instead, she masked her confrontation with the younger woman. Hiding everything behind the wall. 

She crossed her arms over her chest, her body stiffen with her authority. "Are you done yet?" She asked, a brow shifting upwards.