Mesogog

Interview Mesogog!

Here I am. Founder, Originator, Creater, Evil Mastermind behind PRE and it's various incarnations over the years. 

Feel free to ask any questions you wish, within the realm of good taste of course. :)

I will answer the questions honestly and as best I can. Yes, even hard hitting questions regarding PRE in the past. So have at it!

So what made you want to bring PRE back? 

I mean I know you have some issues regarding this forum just wanted to know your perspective.

I also know you have had some personal issues *hug* only because we are FB buds (Will always be friends no matter what!).

Just wondered....really... plus can I be as cheeky as I was on the older alts making fart jokes and what not.....? :D

Sorry for the delay.

What made me bring PRE back? A few things actually.

A few months back a former PRE member that has become somewhat successful left a nice comment on Bethie Tigers Facebook page (she is now deceased) and mentioned PRE in it. It honestly I felt was moving. And I know she would have loved to see PRE back. Then I saw on its last day that Rangercrew was closing shop. Which was a bit surprising. I was already working on bringing PRE back at that point but felt I should do it sooner even though PRE wasn't yet ready. 

I decided to bring PRE back more for those that enjoyed it rather than to try and make it super successful. To me it's biggest success was years ago. I'm not trying to duplicate that anymore. I'm just here like everyone else to have fun and make some new memories. 

And yes, my personal issues have been a bit extreme and very very exhausting. Mentally, Emotionally, and even Physically. So I use PRE sort of as an outlet to give me something to do. I still watch PR when I can. But by no means am I an uber fan that can tell you all of its intricacies over the years. I'm just here to have fun and make some memories. :) I'm not always on, but I'm on often enough to matter.

I'm also following this thread now so I know when someone has posted and will reply much sooner. lol

And yes you can be as cheeky as you want Pinkie! :tw_blush:

On 18/11/2017 at 11:24 PM, Mesogog said:

Sorry for the delay.

What made me bring PRE back? A few things actually.

A few months back a former PRE member that has become somewhat successful left a nice comment on Bethie Tigers Facebook page (she is now deceased) and mentioned PRE in it. It honestly I felt was moving. And I know she would have loved to see PRE back. Then I saw on its last day that Rangercrew was closing shop. Which was a bit surprising. I was already working on bringing PRE back at that point but felt I should do it sooner even though PRE wasn't yet ready. 

I decided to bring PRE back more for those that enjoyed it rather than to try and make it super successful. To me it's biggest success was years ago. I'm not trying to duplicate that anymore. I'm just here like everyone else to have fun and make some new memories. 

And yes, my personal issues have been a bit extreme and very very exhausting. Mentally, Emotionally, and even Physically. So I use PRE sort of as an outlet to give me something to do. I still watch PR when I can. But by no means am I an uber fan that can tell you all of its intricacies over the years. I'm just here to have fun and make some memories. :) I'm not always on, but I'm on often enough to matter.

I'm also following this thread now so I know when someone has posted and will reply much sooner. lol

And yes you can be as cheeky as you want Pinkie! :tw_blush:

Well its great having PRE back and I'm glad you're using it constructively....xhugglesx

My turn. LOL I do hope you are doing better in all ways, Chad.

Do you have any holiday themed sort of updates you are planning for PRE?

17 hours ago, KNavarro said:

My turn. LOL I do hope you are doing better in all ways, Chad.

Do you have any holiday themed sort of updates you are planning for PRE?

Yes I do actually. You'll be seeing it soon. :)

You have said you don't follow the show that much anymore? I am curious as to what was the last season you watched religiously?

Dino Thunder was the last one that I watched religiously. With SPD and Mystic Force not far behind that. 

I've caught some of Ninja Steel.

The main problem I have is that I'm usually busy offline adulting. lol. So that tednds to take my time away from the show. 

I just bought a newer car and an looking at buying a house in the near future as well. I just upgraded my PC to an Alienware (About $1400 of computer I might add), and plan on using that to help further development of PRE and some other projects. I also upgraded my laptop for the same reasons so I can start doing things more on the go.

I also just upgraded to a 4K TV (Sony), Xbox One X, and PS4 Pro. Been doing A LOT of lifestyle changes recently with more to come. So thats part of where I've been busy. That and of course my job. Plus I have my kids to take care of.

So yeah. The show hasn't been as much of a priority. Although I have been considering the possibility of going to Power Morphicon next year. Not sure if I will yet as it depends on multiple factors between now and then. But at least now it doesn't conflict as much with other events going on in my life so it has increased the chances. Although I'd feel old there I'm sure. lol

Most of PRE's big updates will also take place evenings and weekends when they happen. 

I watch the show when I can obviously. But it's hit and miss honestly. I still don't think the Disney seasons were as bad as some at the time thought they were. People had preconceived ideas of what they felt the shows should be like and I think that actually got in the way of the direction and quality of the shows when the Producers and Writers started listening more to the fanbase. Because as much as I hate to say it, you can actually listen too much and that can cause a problem.

To me Dino Thunder was a near perfect MMPR translation, but also darker. My main gripe is many of the main characters seem too 'perfect' in looks and the show seems to be recycling too many older show elements. 

The Movie was good but not quite where I think it needed to be. And the promotion for it was ok but not the best.

I know this was more than you asked but I thought I would throw it out there anyways. lol. Thanks for asking! 

7 hours ago, MattSarah said:

My turn. Out of the seasons that you've seen which were your favorites?

Thats a tough one. Some I felt were pretty good in various ways over other seasons, but not necessarily better than other seasons.

But here they are in no particular order.

Dino Thunder, MMPR through In Space, Mystic Force, S.P.D., Ninja Steel, Jungle Fury and Lost Galaxy.

Side note, I took the picture of the Lamborghini that is my avatar in Deadwood, SD a few months ago as the Cannonball Run came through. Ice T was there too but I missed him even though others that ran into him said he was really nice and pretty cool.

What did you think of the reboot movie of Power Rangers and if you had the chance what would you of changed about it?

13 hours ago, KNavarro said:

What did you think of the reboot movie of Power Rangers and if you had the chance what would you of changed about it?

It was ok. Better than I thought it was gonna be. 

However I do understand peoples concerns or issues with it. It was trying to appeal to different bases that simply don't play well together. 

I hope they make a sequel so hopefully they can right some of the wrongs. On the flip side that doesn't guarantee anything either. The cast want Tommy to be female. Which would make sense and follow suit with Rita being the original Green Ranger. But I also think it could alienate the existing fanbase. It's a fine line. 

If I had the chance I would have changed Goldar and added some more action scenes. It felt too Beverly Hills 90210. lol

13 hours ago, MattSarah said:

Out of the zords and Megazords you've seen which were your favorites?

The original Ultrazord and the original zords as well as the Dino Thunder Zords.

Let's continue the theme. Which Battlizers (please don't say the Inspector Gadget one LOL) were your favorites?

Edited by MattSarah

13 hours ago, MattSarah said:

Let's continue the theme. Which Battlizers (please don't say the Inspector Gadget one LOL) were your favorites?

The Dino Thunder one. The rest I felt were a bit too over the top for the most part and hyper unrealistic.

2 hours ago, MattSarah said:

What made you decide to embed the Twitter list?

Not everyone uses Twitter. And even if they do their tweets are usually mixed in with everyone elses. I did it to help condense the number of actors and actresses and staff from the show and to help better concentrate them. I doubt I have everyone, I likely missed some (if I did let me know who and I'll add them), but whats there is to help promote them and their current and future projects as well as PR. It's a nice small way of freely giving them a bit more exposure as well.

Sorry for the delay I've been out of town the past 3 days. 

Anywho. Back when I started PRE I really didn't know anything about building a website let alone how to host one. I learned all of it on my own. 

I originally started it for fun with no real ambitions for it. Honestly I expected it to fail. 

Around this time Dino Thunder was starting to air. I got tired of the toxic atmosphere of Rangerboard and the too strict atmosphere of PRN. I decided to start a forum with zero clue of what I was honestly doing. Prior to PRE I never ran a forum let alone even was a mod on one. It was all new to me and through time it showed. I also wanted to be more flexible than PRN and more friendly than RB. I also wanted to do direct downloads and offer different features. Because at the time you could only get them primarily through Bittorrent or other more indirect ways. I wanted PRE to offer something different than the other forums. 

Overnight PRE took off. So much stuff happened afterwards I just couldn't control it anymore. It had become too huge of a beast and at the time was the 2nd largest PR forum. Also believed by many close to beating RB had I kept it around. 

However I did at the time get an exclusive interview with Latham Gaines (Mercer/Mesogog) as well as interviews with Jason Faunt (Wes the Red Time Force Ranger) and Jessica Rey the White Tiger Wild Force Ranger. All of them I have nothing but good things to say. And yes I was aware of a few other cast members that were trolling PRE at the time.

PRE's story is so deep and so much richer than I ever imagined it could have been. So much has happened online and offline since it first came into prominence. I do have some regrets, sure. But I'm not gonna turn back time to fix them. All I can do is try and learn from them.  

PRE was an accident that happened at the right now. I started it for fun with an intent for it to fail. But it showed me not only how wrong I was, but also that not everyone in the fandom was a jerk. But that many were really cool people that were just as sick of some of the stuff as I was. I just didn't know it at the time.